If you live in the Greenville, SC, area, you already know it’s a great place to live, work, and play. Over the last several years though, word has really gotten out on a national scale about the upstate. It seems like I’m constantly hearing of yet another poll, magazine, or ranking that puts our own Greenville (known affectionately to many of us as GreenVegas) at or near the top of the list in terms of best places to live.
I remember when Falls Park was completed, and the West End revitalization occurred—that really felt to me when Greenville took off towards the national spotlight, and it hasn’t slowed since!
The Greenville Chamber has compiled a nice list of rankings on its website. They include, just to name a few, the following honors for Greenville:
- Second best city in the nation to start a business (Xome, 2016)
- Top 10 for small cities where business is thriving (Nerdwallet and Entrepreneur 2016)
- #1 Micro City of the Future, #1 City for Economic Potential, #2 City for Business Friendliness (all from fDi’s American Cities of the Future 2015/2016)
- Greenville/Spartanburg named #1 for emerging logistics and distribution growth centers (Business Facilities 2011)
- Top 10 Best Places to Live (Men’s Journal 2016)
- #35 Best Place to Live (US News & World Report 2016)
- Top 10 Cycling Cities in the US (Global Cyclist magazine)
Other accolades abound for the Swamp Rabbit Trail, our outdoor parks, the food atmosphere, affordability, and an overall high quality of life. South Carolina as a whole receives credit for being an entrepreneur-friendly and pro-business state with an exceptional workforce. Thanks in part to the area’s unique combination of natural beauty and economic stability, we have a steadfast real estate market in both commercial and residential arenas. The economy in South Carolina, and particularly the upstate, remains strong.
We at GRIFFIN Property Solutions are proud to be a part of this dynamic era as we serve our commercial real estate clients.